Friday, May 20, 2005

Break down

Would you give me my wings?
Let me go.

All your attacks,
pushing me to a cliff.

As I look down,
I'm no longer afraid.
The thought of letting myself fall,
crossed my mind.

At the edge of that cliff,
I'm just a few steps away.
I knew it had to end.
Not in this way.

My heart as heavy as a rock,
I can't breathe.
Someone please take me away,
away from here.

Give me my wings,
with no more questions.
Let me fly away,
to find where I belong.

I tried so hard to hang on,
till my hands are filled with blood.
Thoughts of giving up,
crossed my mind.

My strength, running out.
All I ever really need is,
a pat on my shoulder.

If I could stop being strong,
and cry my hearts out.
Would I be better?

How could this love,
turn to hatred?
I did not want it like that.

Building up all my defenses,
Denfending myself, alone.
But I still ended up with wounds everywhere.

Can I not be strong and cry out?
Can I just stay in somebody's arms,
then let those controlled tears flow?

All respect and love,
gone within weeks.
I'm too tired to give my love out.
I need a rest.
Long long rest.

It's tough to let go,
but I know I have to.

For this once,
please allow me to let my tears flow as it wish.

No comments: