Monday, June 20, 2005

Songs

I was just looking through my church's website's link. Amazingly I found Ng Wah Lok's website. He's the one who wrote the song ' Every time I pray '. Well, being curious, I went to check out his website. I'm so glad that I did that because, I found some wonderful songs in there. Songs written by him base on what he had encountered. I'm so going to post the lyrics up here and find his cd " Shining star " =) Let's check out the lyrics one by one.

Shining Star - reasons why he wote these songs ( When he came out full time in 1999, his first task was to run the 3- month School of Ministry for Tung Ling Seminary. Being the Principal, he wanted to write a graduation song for his students. He tried hard, 3 months passed quickly and no inspiration came. He attempted to write again for his second School of Ministry in 2000. Again, no song came. In 2001, He was quite desperate for a song from the Holy Spirit. He shared his desire with his students and got them to pray for him. It finally came on his third attempt. The students were overjoyed with the song and it became very meaningful to them. He then decided that"Shining Stars" will be the title track for his second album..)

Shining star

My life is laid before Your throne
My life is lived not for my own
I've been touched by Your Spirit's power
To be soldiers in this time
By Your grace, My life's been set ablaze


My life's been touched by the Master's hand
My life's been touched, to reach this land
I've been called to preach Your Word
I've been called to praise Your worth
By Your grace, My life's been set ablaze

Let Your fire burn, deep within my heart
It will always be, a consuming fire
Ever burning bright, a shining star
Twinkling through the night
Let Your fire burn, deep within my heart
It will always be, a consuming fire
A shining light, A shining star
Glittering through the night
The zeal of God is in my heart
We'll be shining stars.

My life is yielded to my Lord

My life is yielded to the Cross
A vessel of Your grace
A vessel for Your praise
By Your grace, My life's been set ablaze

I'm the reason - (He've always been inspired by the song "We were the reason" by David Meece written in the 70s/80s . It is one of the most beautiful songs about Jesus being born to die for us on the cross. For years, he've said within his heart that one day, he will also write a song like that . Well, 20 years later, here is his song written along the same theme but with a greater focus on the cross. Jesus love us so much that He came to die for us. )

I'm the reason

He hung upon the rugged cross
He bore my shame
And His blood flowed from
His wounded hands,
His wounded feet,
His wounded side
I'm the reason why He came

He bore the stripes, upon His back
He took upon Himself
The sin of humanity,
To bring us liberty
To set us free,
I'm the reason why He came
I'm the reason why He died
I'm the reason why.

His love is such a mystery
A God would come to die for me?
I'm the reason why He came
My mind just cannot comprehend
That God would stretch His loving hand, for me
I'm the reason why He came

Mercy flowed , from the Father's throne

When He saw the blood
Of His only Son.
The veil was torn
The vic'try won
New lives are born
Wrath and anger, turned to grace

For God so loved the world He gave

His only Son.
And whoever will believe in Him
They will receive eternal life
I'm the reason why He came
I'm the reason why He died
I'm the reason why.

Unheard voices - ( He got the inspiration to write this song after attending the World Evangelical Fellowship Conference in Malaysia in 2001. Clive Calver, President of World Relief spoke of the needs and the suffering of the poor in the Third World countries. While driving home, this phrase "Unheard Voices" flashed across his mind. He knew immediately that God wanted him to write a song for all the unheard voices who will never be heard; the babies who died of AIDS, the children sold to prostitution, the refugees caught in a war, babies aborted, the suffering of the poor all around the world. ) This is just so amazing. It's time for us to be concern for these countries..

Unheard Voices

Unheard voices, crying to the Heavens
while those on earth refuse to hear.
Unheard voices, rising to the Heavens
while those on earth refuse to hear.
God hears the unheard voices.

The little children, sold to prostitution
who will hear their voice
A billion people, living in proverty
who will hear their voice
The voice of the suffering, cries out to the Heavens
while those on earth refuse to hear.
These are the...( chorus )

Millions die in abortion
while the world sits in slience
who will hear their voice
Babies die of sickness
aids and malnutrition
who will hear their voice
The voice of the suffering, cries out to the Heavens
while those on eath refuse to hear.
These are the..( chorus )

I'll leave you all with these 3 songs first. Enjoy! =)

No comments: