Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I know it seems crazy that I'm even blogging on saltwater crocodiles. It's not a random post. Alright, after dinner, I decided to take a break and so, I watched this crocodile movie online and it was about this HUGE saltwater crocodile that went around killing this group of tourist. It kinda creep me out so, I went to do a research on saltwater crocodiles. Yes, I know that it's just a show BUT, it doesn't kill to know more right?

Well, I'm quite disturbed by the fact that saltwater crocos are so far the largest reptiles around, in terms of mass, they can weigh up to 1000kg! I always had the impression that alligators are larger? Okay, that's besides the point. If ever anyone wants to go to northern part of aussie, please do some reading on the place and follow the rules. I'm not being paranoid, just that, knowing the precaution to take is better than not knowing. Better be safe than sorry!

Saltwater crocos have a rather good memory, smart and scary! I read the guideline on how to prevent attacks and one of it states that, " don't return to exactly the same place at the water every day, or on a regular basis. Or one day a croc will be waiting there for you..." Yes, these creatures actually spy on humans and remember their routine in order to take action. Seriously, how creepy is that? What kind of brains do they have man?

Isn't that creepy to know that saltwater crocos stalks? It amaze me to the max man. And yes, being termed as saltwater crocodiles doesn't mean that they only live in the brackish waters along the coastlines but are just as happy in freshwater rivers, swamps and billabongs many hundred kilometres inland. Right, so really, read precautions on how to prevent crocodile's attack.

I know that it's not like crocos are found in Singapore but hey, if your whole life, you're just going to stay in Singapore or thinking that even if you were to go overseas, this will never happen to you, think again. People who are attacked by sharks never thought that it will happen to them but it did. People who died in accidents never thought that it will ever happened to them but it did and people who never thought that they'll die the next day, but something just so happened and they died, so, it's your call :) Though I too think that this will never happen to me but it adds to my knowledge and well, who knows probably come in handy someday and save my life! :)

Alright, time to sleep! I hope there's entertainment in office tomorrow! Good night dears :)

No comments: