Friday, January 15, 2010

Greetings to 2010! Bye bye bye to 2009! Well, I haven't been blogging for ages! Just busy with family and stuff. How did I spent my Christmas and new year? This year's the most simple and different celebration. However, I thank God that I survived through 2009. It wasn't a really fantastic year but I'm grateful for it being the way it is because, it made me grow and see things in different angle. I won't say that I'm there yet and there are things to be further evaluate. I'm still trying to get past my mind set on the issue of trust. I've made several wonderful friendships and discover several disappointing friendships in 09. In any case, I'm trusting that 2010 will be a even better year and entering into a different chapter of my life is going to be exciting!

As promised in the last post, I'm here to blog about the long ago Perth trip!
Day 1:
Board the plane with cousin (TY). Touching down at around 11pm but only manage to get out of the airport at 12am. Cousin's (QL) friends drove us back to her apartment. Unpacked, bathed and I KO-ed. Woke up at about 10 plus in the morning, washed up and then head out to city to meet QL's friend for lunch and then head over to city mall walk a bit and then off to the park! The park was amazing! Clean and nice grass! It feels so good lying on greens and not feeling like a freak! :) Spent so time at the park and then off we went to Swan river! It's a huge river and aussie's not all about kangaroos but black swans too! :) Walked around at Swan river and we went back home. Well, day time is short if you're not an early riser. 3 of us just took our own sweet time and stroll back.

The weather for day 1 was windy and kinda cooling. Around 24-25 degree. Nice weather I must say! I fell asleep at 9pm. Believe me, that was considered average for me in the 10 days that I was there!

Day 2:
Woke up at 10 plus 11am. I know, I slept super long hours but, well, I'm on VACATION! It's suppose to be relaxing! :) QL's friend (Eric) came and fetch us at around noon time and off we went to Swan valley! Swan valley has amazing vine yards and lot's of interesting stuff. Bought nougats from their nougat factory. Bought chocolates from their chocolate factory. Went to honey farm and passed by Christmas tree farm! :) Of course not forgetting visiting the vine yards! How can I not go there? Went off from Swan valley and off to King's park! The view there is stunning amazing! Not kidding! Too bad, we didn't bring camera but Eric did so photos are inside that camera! I'll try to get it :) We were cruising Perth city in the car! Really nice and the moon was wow wow wow! I don't know if it's just me or anyone of you will make the same comment as me and my cousin did. The moon seems rounder and brighter there. It seems closer to us too! :) We saw the moon at Swan lake! We were there because we lost our way while finding our way to UWA (university of western australia). We did manage to find our way after all. The structure of UWA was amazing! :) Wonderfully nice walking down the hallway and it was crazy cold! Eric drove us back.

Weather for day 2 was good too! Though the sun's ray is quite a killer but it was air con temperature! I washed up and slept at around 9 plus! :)

Day 3:
Woke up at 11 plus 12pm! I feel so good having 12 over hours of sleep! Seriously! :) Again, Eric came and pick us up at around 1pm and it's beach visiting today! We went to so many beaches and they were all beautiful! Water blue, sand fine and white waves! Singapore's beach is nothing compare to what I've seen there! It's just so different and I instantly fell in love with the beaches once my eyes were set upon them. It made me felt relax with the wind hitting on my face and the huge waves comes in and wet my jeans! After visiting a few beaches, Eric drove us back to city to M2000. It's a car rental shop. Yes, we are going to travel down south of Western Australia (WA). Making a trip down to Albany! :) Met QL's friend (Mavis) there and, got a car! Drove home and then, started packing!

Weather on day 3 was still the same. Windy and cold though the sun still tries to kill our skin cells! I had my favourite Baskin Robbins ice cream there! GREAT LOVE! I washed up and slept at 8pm! :)

Day 4:
Woke up as early as 6 plus in the morning. Washed up and then off we go, towards Albany! :) QL drove over to Mavis's place and from there Mavis took over the driving! From City to Albany is long drive and along the way we stopped at amazing places. We stopped at Bunbury where we went up a tower and BAM! We see amazing view from up there! In this day we did stopped by some other beaches however, I didn't remember all the names. Don't worry, those that I remembered are the ones that I really think it's worth visiting! Next stop, Busselton jetty! It has a really long history, however, the structure is different from the past because of a major fire that broke up ages ago. Good news is that it's being rebuilt. It's nice :) After Busselton jetty, we went to The Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse! Well, we have to pay to really see the lighthouse upclose, we didn't want to so we just drove around the area. Anyway, that lighthouse is quite a major one in WA! Long history as well. We then head to another place which I can't remember it's name, but it's quite nice too, I'll try to ask QL and see if she knows. :)

Hit the road again and there we explore different places and then, went to my top favourite, Canal rock! That is the most amazing experience I've ever had throughout the whole trip! Dead serious because it's magnificent! We parked our car and got on our feet and embark on rock hiking! Haha! That's the closest to nature I've ever been. From the starting point, till being in the midst of the rocks and then to the end where I could see the waves hitting the huge rocks. The waves were from Indian Ocean and the wind was so strong! Dangerous as it may be but, it was an awesome experience! That's like a must go place! We spent a long time there :) Saying bye to Canal rock, we passed by some other places and rest stop is at Margaret river's town. We wanted to stay in motel but Mavis's friend (Charlie) was nice enough to adopt us for the night! He's a Korean and really nice! Washed up and then had a chatting and drinking session with him. I don't know if Singapore has it but in WA, Jack daniels and coke are actually pre-mixed and canned. So once you open, you can just drink it. Makes things so much easier! Haha!

Weather for the day is windy and cooling still. But as we're traveling down south, back in Perth, the temperature was rising. Whatever the case, it was great weather, sun's not as bad! :) I slept at around 12am and was KO-ed because I was dead tired. Anyways, very thankful to Charlie for bringing in another blanket while we were asleep, because it was super cold and sharing of blanket was a bad idea!

Day 5:
Woke up at 7 plus in the morning, washed up and we hit the road again! Left the house while Charlie was still sleeping but really thankful because he saved us from spending on motel :) First stop, Windy Harbour! Then drive and stop and saw quite a few beautiful places. I'll try my best to get the names! Off to Elephant rocks! My second favourite from this trip! The shades of water is so beautiful and it has a very relaxing feel. If you like, you can bring a book there and just spend time doing some reading. Spent quite a while and then back onto the road, driving all the way to Albany! Quite a long drive and when we reached there we first get ourselves a motel room and then we happened to crash their early Christmas celebration! I was thinking to myself that it's crazy early to celebrate Christmas! Got to know that during this festive celebration, almost the whole of Albany town will come together to celebrate. It felt so good to be in the midst of this and it's not something you can find in Singapore. Cozy and warm atmosphere! The shops and the organizations there put up a road march and so many people were involved! What to say? I feel so blessed to be there at that very moment. :) We joined in the celebration. The celebration made me felt so accepted even as a traveler. Ended our day when celebration ends!

Weather for day 4 was windy and crazy cold and lot's of flies! I really meant it when I say LOT'S! The flies in WA are not afraid of humans, instead they love being around humans so much! Wearing black is a bad choice and being tanned is bad as well. I slept at 9.15pm and almost used my blanket to cover my face because I was super cold!

Day 6:
Woke up relatively late. Probably at around 8 plus in the morning, Washed up and then off we went to The Gap and Natural Bridge. Another magnificent view! The Gap and Natural bridge is just side by side and it makes me stand in awe at how sophisticated and awesome can nature be! My third favourite! Especially The Gap! It's amazing how close I can be to see the huge waves hitting the rocks and standing at a place where there's no fence at all. It's quite dangerous because it's quite high up there but it's worth the while! :) Natural bridge has it's own attraction too! Man can never create something like that! Made our way to Blow hole after that and it's really a physically draining place! Before reaching the blow hole, we've got to walk down and up slope, not forgetting the stairs because cars can't enter and the best part is, there's no guarantee if the blow hole is blowing that day! It was drizzling but we decided to be adventurous and go give the Blow hole a visit. I guess it's worth it after all even though it's not blowing! Quite sad but well, it's alright, the view there made it up to us! I'm so in awe with nature. :) Went to a mountain top and also a beach which none of us had any idea what's it called. The water was really shallow and we could just walk around. Had our lunch and then it's time to make our way back to Perth.

The drive back was very very long and in order to entertain ourselves and keep us from sleeping, we turned up the volume of ipod and had a sing a long session and a horror story telling time. Finally reached Perth and then off we went for Korean food. Drove back to apartment and unpacked, washed up and sleep! I was dead tired!

Day 7:
Woke up and then practically wasted time! Went to ECU (QL's university) and then head off to meet QL's friend for dinner! After dinner, believe it or not, we went to sing and it's super expensive! Not a very exciting day though! 

Weather for the day was still cooling and I slept at 1 plus in the morning! 

Day 8 & 9:

The rest of the days were pretty much normal, went to Frementle and before going to the airport, we had a great dinner at an Italian restaurant, CIAOZ. Finally, back home! :)

That's roughly what I did in Perth! Rushed home when I touched down and the rest of the day, busy with cousin's wedding! I MISS PERTH!

No comments: